Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!



My favorite time of year is almost here! In ONE week I will be home to Dallas to see my family (WOO HOO, NO INTERN FOR THIS LUCKY GIRL!) for Thanksgiving.

But until then I have homework to do, papers to write and kids to help teach.  But I have become a procrastinator so making some fun holiday decor sounded a lot more fun.  I am sure I will regret that decision come tomorrow...Any whoo! I spent a few hours this weekend making a wreath for my roommate Jordan and I's front door, bye-bye to our school spirit HELLLOOOOOO Christmas!

 The materials I used:

  • Red Heart brand Teal yarn (used less than half a roll)
  • Navy blue ribbon
  • Glitter and Disco ball ornaments, both big and mini (Dollar section at Target, got some extras to match our indoor tree!)
  • Light bulb ornaments (Hobby Lobby)
  • Hot Glue
  • Tacks
  • Christmas Card
  • Laminator (optional!)
  • Wreath form (16")

How to:

  1. Wrap the form in yarn. I am not too picky and like a less formal look so a little bit messy and thick is fine by me.
  2. Locate the best place to put your ornaments
  3. Hot glue a tack to the back of each large ornament and practice how to arrange them, I tried avoiding putting the disco next to disco and glitter next to glitter or similar colors next to one another.
  4. Once you are happy with each some may be wobbly so add a dab of hot glue behind and between them to keep them in place
  5. Take your small ornaments and place them in the gaps between the larger ones
  6. Once you are happy with the arrangement use a dab of hot glue and place them there permanently
  7. Take the light bulbs, or other small objects and layer them as well
  8. For the Christmas card section I put a card and a printed message through my laminator
  9. I then hot glued 2 tacks to the back, see below so that I can use that message or another to the wreath, perhaps a cute front door countdown to Christmas in the future?
  10. Lastly, get your ribbon and using a generous length tie it to the top-center
  11. I hook mine to the back of the door, to prevent stealing and so you can't see the hook from the outside





No comments:

Post a Comment