Thursday, July 12, 2012

Being Positive

Lately I have been a bit overwhelmed, if you are a friend, you've noticed.  I am snarky, and rude and a down right WITCH, switch the W with a B.  Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why, I'm happy, I like my friends, love my boyfriend, like my apartment and school is great (mainly because at the moment I'm not taking classes, HA!).

Anyways, I think what really has been bothering me is that a year from now I have NO EARTHLY IDEA where I will be.  I have things pretty much figured out until May 11 when I graduate but after that...well, who knows?

In my ideal situation I would get a job teaching Elementary school in Round Rock, George Town or
Pflugerville ISD.  I would move there have my own little apartment and start my career and then whatever else happens, happens.  But I don't know if thatll work out.  What if I cant find a job or end up back in Irving (My hometown, that I love but don't want to return to)?  It is utterly terrifying.

So in order to be less grumpy and worried about this today I am focusing on the positives:
  • I have a boyfriend that adores me and makes excellent food.
  • I have friends that are hilarious
  • I have an awesome roommate and we have a cute apartment
  • I have lost 10 pounds so far and am losing more
  • I am back in the gym
  • I have a job that I don't always like but helps pay the bills
  • I am mostly independent and can fend for myself
  • I am going to graduate soon
  • I get to start my 2nd internship
Overall my life is pretty darn good and sometimes I just need to remember that and focus on the positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment